HERE ARE SOME Frequently Asked Questions
Most frequent questions and answers
This question has a few answers.
- Step Up allows the public to apply for subsidy for registration and equipment to any extracurricular activity for children under 18. If approved Step Up helps with hundreds of dollars towards registration, and equipment. See here for details.
- The “Nominate a Family” Program allows the public to nominate families they know or their own family. Our board goes through the nominations and chooses families that really need support to give our major sponsorship packages to. See here for details.
- Sponsorship. Step Up is dedicated to finding teams whether its minor sports, or a math team to sponsor. We really want to give every child a chance at something amazing. See here for details.
We are working incredibly hard to make a real difference in the lives of blue collar families. We have done 3 full Nominate a Family Programs, sponsored multiple teams and tournaments, and since our financial assistance program has starter only recently here in 2020, we have approved dozens of applications, with 100s in the queue. “Together we can make the difference!”
The best information is on our BBB page. They very nicely attached a few amazing things in the information section. You can click the BBB link above.
We are a registered non profit organization that has a charitable cause. It currently takes 18-36 Months for the Canadian Revenue Agency to approve charitable tax status for organizations like ours. For this reason we can not offer any type of tax benefits to any type of donations YET. We are working very hard to get everything in order to ensure we build a successful long term organization that will help thousands of Canadian Families. We need your help! WE WILL GET THERE!
The short answer is ALL OF THEM. As long as they are licensed and registered we will work with them. We are happy to help in all areas.
Common industries include:
Hockey, Soccer, Ringette and many other sports.
Math tutors, Chess teams and any other academic team or registration.
Music, piano lessons, guitar and any other music organization.
We don’t want to leave anyone out. If it is extra-curricular we will do our best to help.
Unfortunately its not easy to grow an organization from the bottom up. Two things we would like to mention:
- We had to let a couple young girls go for stealing from us, who then went online and created a ton of fake accounts and lied about our practices and what we do in order to harm us. It has been frustrating but we have dealth with it properly. The authorities have helped a ton and we appreciate it. We are register and operate properly. 🙂
- Because we are the “New Kids On The Block” the public has a hard time sometimes getting over the initial skepticism. We understand its hard to see inside the organization, but we can assure everyone that we are operating the best we possibly can, all financials will be public of course and we are in this for the long haul to make a major difference on families around the country.